We believe that however significant individual needs are, all children at Torfield School have the right to be fully included in their learning experiences.
We believe that all children and young people at Torfield School should be able to make the most of opportunities to develop their potential and to prepare for their next steps in learning and development and for life beyond school.
We believe that all adults working at Torfield School should aim to provide the highest quality support for pupils and their families and maximise opportunities for learning at all times.
We believe that learning should be accessible, stimulating, motivating, challenging and enjoyable.
We have prepared a list of values that we believe are crucial in supporting this vision. These values are ones that all staff and governors at Torfield School believe are essential to supporting our vision:
Aims and Objectives
- Enable our pupils to make reasonable choices, communicate with others and develop independence:
- Promote independence and preparation for life after school
- Promote inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Provide accessible, meaningful and challenging activities to promote learning and personal development
- Promote and develop communication and social skills
- Provide opportunities to learn about and practice empathy, respect, kindness, trust and collaborative working
- Provide opportunities to develop self-esteem and self-worth
- Provide a caring, supportive, safe and stable learning environment
- Work effectively as a staff team, constantly striving for improvement
- Celebrate achievements in all aspects of development
- Provide pupils with opportunities to fulfil their potential
- Clearly share our values with parents, carers and other stakeholders
- Manage our resources effectively