Free School Meals
Are you entitled?
Did you know?...
For every child eligible for free school meals the school receives from the government £900.00 per child. This money is vital to the school in order to develop the right support for our children. Without this money the school is not able to provide all the additional services we would like to.
Even if you do not wish your child to have school meals but your child is eligible, please complete the attached form and return it to school, or for more information please contact the school office on 01424 428228.
Who is entitled?
Free school meals are not provided automatically. You have to apply.
To see if you are entitled please answer the following questions.
- do you receive Income Support?
- do you receive Job Seeker's Allowance (income-based)?
- do you receive Employment and Support Allowance (income-related?)
- do you get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999?
- do you receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit?
- do you receive Child Tax Credit, and your income does not exceed the qualifying amount of £16,190 for the financial year 2012/2013? Please note that free school meals cannot be granted if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit
If you have answered yes to any of the questions and you think you are entitled to free school meals for your child/children, please contact the school and we will send you an application form.
If you need help with your application, we will be pleased to provide this.
Who is not entitled?
- If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credits regardless of amount.
- Part-time students even if the family receives one of the supported payments listed opposite. Children must receive education before and after lunch to be eligible
Please use the "Free School Meals Application" below if you believe that you are entitled.